Well boy howdy! Kayla (Pretty unDead) was awarded/tagged with the Versatile Blogger and Stylish Blogger award, and decided to pass on the love to a few other crazed nuts in the blogosphere. One of those nuts is me, yay!
Here’s the bling!
And here’s the catch! Wait, what? To accept these fine nuggets of site bling, I have to divulge seven items of information about myself per award. Well, that’s not so bad. I can do this. Let’s just roll with it, shall we?
- The second toe on each of my feet are pretty long, in a sort of way that I’ve heard described as having “Jesus Feet” (seriously, look at Christian art. Jesus always has a long second toe). It’s so freaky that I was forbidden from wearing sandals without socks by one of my classmates in elementary school. I’ve been self-conscious about it ever since.
- I have a “low” 2D:4D hand ratio, which is more common in men than women. SCIENCE! says this means I was exposed to a lot of androgens when I was in utero. Sadly, I’m still bad at math.
- Despite being horrible in math, I got an “achievement award” in math in middle school. What?
- I landed my first vocal solo in 4th grade, and had my last in 9th grade (having withdrawn from public school halfway through the first semester of my sophomore year), and had at least one solo in choir every year in between. I have shiny medals (somewhere) for competing in state vocal competitions.
- I’ve never been able to tell right from left without really thinking about it first. So if you’re asking me where to make a turn, look to see which way I’m pointing rather than waiting on a verbal command.
- The MAC C-Shock collection was my big introduction to the makeup world. It’s still my favourite collection.
- I decided to go into therapy and social services after I saw an advert in a city bus in Scotland. Kind of a bizarre way to decide your life, really.
- For about five years, I had such bad anxiety and panic attacks that I couldn’t really leave the house without my mother nearby, and even with her, it couldn’t be more than an hour’s drive away from the house. Things are much better now, but it’s still a struggle from time to time.
- I was vegetarian for six years – two of those years were completely vegan.
- I used to volunteer for PETA, and was part of their “Writer’s Network” for a long time. Got quite a few letters published, received an award for writing so many campaign letters, AND I got a Tofurky out of ’em. Which was frickin’ delicious.
- I suspect that I am hypoglycemic, which is one of the reasons I decided to stop being vegetarian. I’d know for sure if I could get to a doctor about it.
- I didn’t know how to say “hyperbole” until I went to college. Ha!
- I’ve had five 4.0 semesters in my college career so far. I’m hoping to make next semester my sixth before shoving off to grad school.
- I tend to get a lot of questions about this wristband, which I’ve worn every day without fail for the past year and some. Sophie’s story has been a bit of a raw spot for me ever since the news broke – I’m sickened by the idea that people will kill you just for the way you look, and her death made me worry for a lot of my friends as well as myself. I shouldn’t have to worry about that kind of thing. Nobody should. For more information about the Sophie Lancaster Foundation, click here.
Now, let’s see… to whom shall I spread the love?
- The Peach definitely deserves both awards here. When I think versatility, I think of people who break the mold and “think different” about how to use a product, or even how to acquire a product. I’ve enjoyed reading about Frankenpolishes and DIY projects. I especially loved the Indie Bath and Body Series. And for a tomboy-by-day, the girl’s got glam!
- I can’t help but pass on the Stylish Blogger award to Lillian. That dress in her Punch and Judy entry? Seriously? How can that not get recognized? Plus it’d be a crime not to give props to the best pout on the blogosphere. Forever a fan of your lip swatches!
General rules of the award(s):
1. Thank the person who gave you the award(s) and link back to them in your blog.
2. Tell everyone 7 things about yourself (per award).
3. Tag more bloggers for the award(s).
4. Contact those bloggers to let them know they’ve been tagged.