Mani Monday: Green Swirl
Attempt #2 of water marbling. I’m not too pleased with how this one turned out, mainly because I fell asleep too soon after finishing my mani, and it didn’t have enough time to set. Word to the wise, don’t marble when the least bit tired. I’m not too hot on the colours, either – I feel that it may have turned out better if I had a minty green swirled in, but I don’t have that colour in my collection (I’ve been eyeing one for months, so I suppose I’ll have to buy it soon).
Sally Hansen Complete Care Extra Moisturizing 4-in-1 Treatment (Base and Top)
China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise (Base Color)
China Glaze Jolly Holly (Swirl)
China Glaze Peace on Earth (Swirl)
Pure Ice Wild Thing (Swirl)
In other news, I was tagged for another Stylish Blogger Award by Vulcan Butterfly! So here comes another seven things about me:
1. I met a fun guy on the Radiohead Message Board. We met up a few months later at a Radiohead show. We’ve since been living in sin (gasp!) for just over two years.
2. I have two tattoos. One of them is a Radiohead tattoo. Can you tell I’m a fan, yet?
3. I refer to any place I love to shop as a “Candy Store”. Office supply stores fully qualify for this status, as I’ve always geeked over school supplies.
4. Once upon a time, I caught a mouse in my bedroom, and put him in a clear box. My Dad and I squee’d over him for two weeks, cleaning out his bedding and feeding him… until we finally smacked some sense into ourselves and let him go. Ain’t right to keep a wild animal, even if it’s freaking cute. We set him loose in the shed (with a full tube of crackers).
5. I never had an imaginary friend as a child, but when I heard about the concept in elementary school, I pretended I had an imaginary friend. I PRETENDED TO PRETEND. HA!
6. I have malformed ear canals, which have caused chronic ear problems in early childhood, and an enduring hearing impairment. I think one of the reasons I had such bad social anxiety is because I was afraid of frustrating people by constantly asking them to repeat themselves.
7. DOOM is the only game I’ve ever completed. Which is surprising, as I suck at FPS.