Somebody Loves Me!
Well boy howdy, I got tagged for a dealie-mabopper by the lovely Luna of Toxid-Lotus. Let’s see about them rules, eh?
1) Post 11 facts about yourself.
2) Answer the questions the tagger has set for You.
3) Create 11 questions for the people You’ve tagged to answer.
4) Tag 11 people.
Bawww, this looks labor intensive. Alright, it’s ok, I’ve got this…
- I’m starting grad school tomorrow! Yep, tomorrow starts another two-year stretch of academic hell. Well, it shouldn’t be so bad, but at this point it seems like I’m wasting my time. My story, LET ME TELL YOU IT: See, I earned my bachelor’s degree in a related field, with an honors GPA. But since my degree wasn’t in the exact same field, I have to take all the foundational courses again. Yep, I’ve already had a research methods course, but I get to take it again. Ethics? Had it. Gotta take it again. Family therapy? Why yes, I took that ages ago. Too bad, I have to take it again. Therapy for individuals? Why yes, I took that not too long ago. Well, tough tits, I have to take it again. Meanwhile, all the students who graduated with an actual bachelor’s in Social Work – who took the same exact classes – get to be in the accelerated program. Total bollocks, in my opinion. But I can’t rightly complain, since they accepted me into the program despite my application being filed two weeks past the deadline (completed two months past the deadline). So I’m grateful, even if I feel like I’ve been shafted out of a new car (that’s how much this extra year is costing me, after all).
- I used to dream of being a monk, or rather, giving up earthly things to concentrate on spiritual learning – not necessarily with any sort of ordination. Of course, I knew this was a pretty stupid thing to dream about, because I have so many attachments to people, places and things… but I wanted to have the ability to let it all go and focus on personal enrichment, so I could then focus on the enrichment of others. Be forever a teacher and a student of the mind and spirit. Spirituality is still pretty important to me, even if I’ve resigned myself to some indulgences.
- I still amaze myself when I do “grown up” things. I think I’ll always be, to some degree, a childish person. I’m amused by farts and people getting hit in the crotch. I sing-song a lot of stupid things. I’ll throw my arms up at random, in “ta-da!” fashion, when I accomplish simple tasks. I expect praise for these tasks, always. Paying bills and renewing renewables still feels incredibly foreign and nonsensical to me. And when my car breaks, or I lock my keys in, my first instinct is to freak-out and call Mom. I’m a big, fat, giant kid. But it makes life fun, I suppose… I mean, what fun is renewing your driver’s license if it’s a chore rather than an adventure?
- People think I’m a negative person, but that’s not really the case. Rather, I don’t think people understand my philosophy. I find life to be ultimately pointless, and I think that point of view is extremely liberating. If there’s no purpose to life on a grand scale, it’s easier to define the paramaters for your own purpose. If there’s no reason to suffer, you can learn from and possibly even appreciate suffering. And if somebody doesn’t like you, you can just shrug and laugh about it, because in the end, it means nothing.
- I staunchly oppose feminism. This is due in part to my own disliking for being defaulted as female due to biology, and the assumption that I should feel some sort of “sisterhood” with other females. I am more than my biology. I think that everyone is more than their biology, and should be viewed as such, which feminism fails to do. I disagree with feminism because, while third-wave American feminism claims to be more focused on honest to god ‘equality’, I have failed to see such focus successfully applied anywhere. All I see are smart-sounding words being thrown around to point at a problem, rather than work on a real solution. So yes, I’m not a feminist. I frequently laugh at people who are feminists, because more oft than not, they’re missing their mark completely. Feel free to send me hate-tweets about that – I love to retweet those for everyone to enjoy.
- I have never had an imaginary friend. Although, when I got to elementary school and saw that other people had imaginary friends, I pretended to have an imaginary friend. It was quite possibly the most boring thing I’ve ever done.
- What the heck come after six?
- I forget everybody that I meet. I have never had a talent for remembering names or faces. New people, to me, are like trees that can talk. They’re pretty much just… things… existing in a time and a space that has no real meaning to me. I don’t mean to do this, but no matter how hard I try to train myself to remember people as soon as we meet, I can’t. I simply can’t. So expect to introduce yourself about eight times before I get the point, or learn to be okay with being called “hey girl”.
- I am jealous of men because they can be drag queens, but I can’t. It’s not fair, I tell you. It’s just not fair.
- Kev’s dad’s name is my dad’s name. His Mom’s name is my aunt’s name. His grandmother’s name is my mother’s name. This was cause for much awe and amusement when we first got together.
- I quite honestly don’t know what else to say here. I have a big ego and I love to talk about myself, but when it comes down to it, I find that I’m a pretty uninteresting person. I’ve done things and I have ideas, but none of it is really exciting or life-changing. None of it is important. See #4.
- What is your favorite color and why?
Honestly, black. Because it goes with everything. It works in every situation. And it changes completely depending on the accent colour. It’s just a great colour.
- What is the one deepest memory you’ve had throughout your lifetime?
One that I always come back to is the very first memory I ever had, which was the morning I woke up and realized that I was a living thing, when I was somewhere around one and a half years old. It was a jolt from non-existence to existence, or from being purely instinct-driven to a rational being. It was very sudden and disorienting, and I’ll never forget it.
- If you could get any tattoo on your body what would it be and why?
One of these days, I’m going to get a set of wings on my back. I’ve wanted them since I was about seventeen, for various spiritual reasons. What I haven’t decided on is how I want them to be done. I have a design done up, but I’m not 100% on that yet. I can’t decide whether I want them to be tribal, feathery, or fiery.
- Do you drink tea? What is your favorite?
I do, on occasion… more oft in the cooler months. My favourite is a simple black chai with milk.
- What’s your favorite season?
I’m actually a between-season sort of person… I love the end of spring and beginning of summer. Always have. Everything has come to life, and has plenty of life to live before nature packs itself away again. It’s a good time. Yep.
- If you had to choose one makeup company to wear for the rest of your life what would it be?
Ah hell, son, why? I guess, if I had to choose… no disrespect to my indies… but I’d probably pick Urban Decay. My go-to eye primer is UD, I’ve bought stock in their tinted moisturizer because it’s pretty much the best, their eye shadows are top notch, and their eyeliners are awesome as well. Not to mention they have great glosses and cheeks. The only thing I do not like is their lipstick.
- Have you broken any bones?
I’ve broken some fingers, yep. The left pinky two or three times… the right middle finger once or twice. They’re all crooked and gnarly. *wiggles fingers*
- What is your favorite perfume and why?
At the moment, I’ve been wearing the hell out of Darling Clandestine ‘Inked’. I love that one because it’s just so… fresh. Clean. But not a “soapy” clean. It’s just… well, realness. As it says in the listing, it evokes “raw skin”. I totally get where that description is coming from, and I love it.
- Do you have any pets? If yes then what are they?
I have a cat who is still with my parents, and will probably always be there because a) I can’t afford to bring her here because the pet deposit/rent is too high, and b) she’s highly pretty bloody neurotic, so I wouldn’t want to change her environment. She’s always been around other cats, so being an ‘only child’ might not be good for her… plus she’d probably miss my dad like crazy, because he’s just that cool.
- What is your biggest fear? What caused it?
Well, I have a bit of a fear of being alone. Like, say, in my elderly years. I mean, I have a feeling that kids are never going to come into the picture. I’m not great at socializing. I’m not going to count on my nephew or nieces to ever remember I exist. And females already have a life-span advantage over their male partners, without them having the age-gap that Kev and I have. The odds are against me, there. And that really does scare me. I won’t even have an ungrateful kid to call once a month. I’ll just be… alone.
- What are you going to be for Hallow’s Eve? If you have little demon spawns what are they dressing as?
Probably working, or doing homework, or something else boring. I haven’t done anything fun for Hallowe’en for years… *sigh*
From Me To You
What did you want to be when you grew up (did you do it)?
In what format did you purchase your first album (vinyl, cassette, etc)?
Of all the things you cook, what is your “signature dish”?
What is an odd scent that brings back good memories?
When was your first encounter with makeup?
What is the most terrible thing you have ever consumed?
What do you do to cheer yourself up?
What motivated you to start blogging?
What was your proudest moment?
If other planets could support life, would you move?
If you were born the opposite sex, how different would you be?
What is your favourite book, and why?
1. eight @ Beauty Infinitum
2. Claire @ Claire’s Beauty
3. Stephanie @ The Painted Knitter
4. Robin @ Tits Hurrah!
5. Jill @ Just Peachy
6. Echo @ Shattered Shards
7. Vulcan Butterfly
8. Luna @ Bella Cantarella
9. Beth @ Beth Br00tality
10. Amanda @ Karmic Dreaming
11. Erin @ The Cheap Chick